Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I'm in a episode of Pleasantville

Three teenagers are sitting on the street car across from me. The 2 boys (yes, they are young enough that I may call them boys) are wearing some kinda pseudo miliatry outfit and there is a girl sitting next to them. This is an actual conversation that I heard from them.....


Girl: Hey where is your blazer?
Boy1: OH NO!! I forgot!!!!
Boy2: I thought you had it in your bag with your hat.
Boy1: This is NOT good. I'm so going to get yelled at today.
Girl: Gosh! Look at your shoes didn't you polish them at all. [gosh!? Who uses the word gosh? ]
Boy1: they're not that bad.
Boy 1 looks at Boy 2's shoes.
Boy1: How did you get yours so shiny??
Girl: Here take your shoes off and I'll polish them for you.
at this point Girl takes from her backpack...I kid you not shoe polish and a rag and starts polishing the shoe!
Boy2: you can always tell [muffled words] that your blazer is getting fixed
Boy1: I can't do that...That would be lying.
Boy2: True.
Girl: I can't believe you just suggested that. LYING is very BAD!

At this point I left the streetcar.

SO here is my question. OMG are these people for real!!! Maybe this is a product of my cynicism, but the 14 yrs old of my acquaintance didn't worry about how shiny thier shoes were. Heck, when I was 14 I probably couldn't tell you what shoe polish was for.
It was too weird. I felt like I was in the twlight zone.

1 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was the rebel at my school. I never polished my shoes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home