Saturday, September 17, 2005

Ahh Deet how I adore you

August 19, 2005
Chiang Mai

I have made a discovery: twelve hour train rides basically leave you feeling like you've just spent a month without shower. I felt gross. Ok I must point out that we did spend an entire day in Bangkok and then hop on an overnight train that would take us to Chiang Mai, all without showering. So basically I was gross, well disgusting really. hahaha if only my mom could see me now.

The train itself is not that bad a of a ride. They set you up with a bed with linens and a pillow and the idea is that you will sleep the entire trip. Well that' s the idea anyways. So there I was all snug in my little bed cubby and really asleep for the first time since arriving on this trip and I kinda realize hmmm wait a minute why am I so cold??????

I open my eyes and guess what I see. The window has fallen down completely and it's now raining. Now as a former Vancouverite I don't mind the rain, we actually like it. And being a little damp isn't anything new considering the its about 98% humidity and really we're never going to be dry anyways. It is the fact that as I look around I am covered, COVERED in bugs.
[Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

I really have no idea how long that window had been open but the train has already entered the more rural areas of Thailand as we had gone along. All the bugs that had been on the trees next to the train tracts are now crawling all over me. So I did what any rational adult would do. I jumped up and started flung the sheets from me like the girly girl that I am. Hopping up and down to get them all off me.

Hey...What would you do. At least after shaking everything off I climbed back into that bed and got more sleep. [After I had emptied an entire container of bug spray onto my sleeping bag and body. ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home